Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fun at the Farm

Well, I have so much I want to blog about...I love being busy, but that doesn't leave much time for blogging!  So, I'll start with last weekend.  We took a little drive down to Aaron's uncle's farm.  It is about 45 minutes from here.  If you looked up "middle of nowhere" on the map, it would point you directly here.  It IS the middle of nowhere:)  But it is SO pretty there! Aaron hunts there a lot, and Kent has been joining him in the last year or so.  We went there to "rescue" an old hunting blind and ride around and enjoy the pretty day!
Even the drive down there is so pretty! Every time I go down that way, I always think how glad I am that my kids aren't growing up surrounded by concrete.  I love that they love to be outside and enjoy doing things like this.
Someday when I have lots of extra time and money, I would love to fix this old house up.  I think it has so much potential! Look at those big windows and the old metal roof!I love it! Aaron's mammaw grew up in this house :)
Reece and Clara were so interested in this little guy...
Reece and Aaron worked hard clearing out some roads for hunting.
And I really wanted to pick this and take it home, but I'm pretty sure it had to be poisonous.  :(  Isn't it pretty, though!?
This is a HUGE rock...Reece and Aaron climbed to the top.
One area of the farm has some old junk piles of some neat things. I would love to really dig through it some day.  I'm sure there are some great finds:)  I saw this old type writer and I could see pieces of an old sewing machine under it.  One day I'll dig it out:)  I felt like I was on an episode of American Pickers. 
I did make it home with some adorable old glasses.  And a picture of this VERY old John Deere tractor.  It's so old the trees have actually gown up around the tractor.
Such a beautiful, fun day!  The only bad part was Reece got eaten alive by seed ticks.  Aaron and I got a few but he was covered!  You should see how many bites he has!  It doesn't bother him a bit, though:)
____________________________________________________

We have a 3 day weekend coming up! I am SO happy!  Football season starts!  That makes me even happier:)  We are going to a new pizza place and to the high school Bomber game tomorrow night!  I'm excited!  It's gonna be a good weekend!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love the picture of the tractor, that is so neat! Bless your hearts about the ticks, that is just yucky! Lord help me if my kids ever get ticks, I don't think I have the stomach for that! Ha!

I may just have to come up to the football game tomorrow night - we are coming into town for the long weekend and I know my girls would LOVE to go! I'm so glad you posted about it and put that thought in my head.

I've been missing your posts, glad to see one tonight!