Thursday, August 19, 2010

School Days

Kent moved to Fayetteville to go to U of A today, so we had a cookout at Daddy and Momma's house last night.  We had a Razorback party:)
We had "Woo Pig Chewie" ice cream and "Hog Heaven" ice cream!  Yummy!
And today was our sweet Reece's first day of kindergarten! He was SO excited and had a great day!  He said he made a new "buddy."
I wore the necklace Aaron got me when Reece was born...and now he's going to kindergarten!
We had to have our first day of school photo shoot:)
Last night when I was packing Reece's lunch he said, "Momma, even though I am growing up, I'm never gonna stop loving you." :( I love that boy!

Aaron wanted to bring him to school today...here he is walking into his BIG school!

And going down to the morning room (the gym).  Such a big boy!
Tomorrow is already Friday!  It was a great first day for me too!  Remember the feeling you had when you were a kid the night before school?  Will they like me, will I know what to do, will I know what to say, etc? Well, I feel the EXACT same way to this day as a teacher.  It doesn't change.  It's scary for me too! :)  I seem to have some sweet kids, though!  But 21 kindergartners WORE me out!!! 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I thought of everyone with the first-day-of-school butterflies this morning...I remember those days. I hope Reece had a great first day!

Laura Beth said...

Love the pics! Great memories...I remember riding with you to drop your brother off at NWH!!!!!!! Oh my how time flies. :) You look beautiful, as always, and Reece looks like such a "big" boy. SO PRECIOUS!

Grandma said...

Life is full of many "firsts". These are some of the happy ones, enjoy them, Kim!

Jen said...

Happy First Day of school!!! Sorry I'm just now getting around to this, I've been gone for a week.

Looks like a great day - I love all of the pictures! You look great, by the way.