Friday, August 6, 2010

My Classroom: Before

Well, my summer is officially over:(  I am going to try really hard to have a "summer attitude" all year long.  Just because I'm starting back to work doesn't mean life has to end, right?  Cookouts and fun weekends will still be part of our lives:)

I wanted to share with you what I've been up to.  At the end of every school year we have to pack our ENTIRE room up.  Everything has to be boxed up and packed away so our carpets can be cleaned and our tile floors can be waxed.  As a kindergarten teacher, I have a LOT of stuff!  Well, this year it was a little harder because my room was being painted.  I had to take everything off the walls as well.  Posters, labels, everything. 

Here is what my room looked like when I came back.  Piles, stacks, bulletin boards coverd...a big mess!

And here is the furniture spread out and placed in the general area where the things belong.  Still looks like a lot of work, but looking a little better...
This weekend I will go by and take some AFTER pictures.  I arranged my room differently than I usually do, and I really like it.  Everything looks so shiny, clean, and neat!  It will stay that way for about 20 seconds once the kids start coming in:)

Want to know the BEST part about going back to school?  My sweet little Reece will get to go with me everyday!  He will not be in my class, but down the same hallway, so I will get to see him throughout the day:)

2 comments:

Laura Beth said...

How exciting to have your little man with you this year!!!! That will be very special. :) Can't wait to see your "after" pics!

Jen said...

Your classroom is so bright. :) My sister starts her first teaching job this year so I'm going to have to show her your before and after pics. It will be so nice to have your baby with you everyday!