Sunday, August 8, 2010

Classroom and Clara

My room is all finished:)  Here's the "after."  Quite a difference, huh!?  I have to do this every year, but it forces me to clean and organize everything as I'm packing/unpacking.  It's always fun to see everything so shiny and clean.  Kindergarten is a great age.  It is definitely challenging some days, and my patience gets tested quite a bit, but not many people can say they get greeted with 20 smiling faces and hugs every morning.  :)
Here's my little corner of the world.
On a totally different subject....everyone always comments on how long Clara's hair is. She has pretty straight hair on top and curly hair underneath.  I always say, "you should see her hair when it's wet because all those curls and waves get straightened out."  Well, here is Clara's long wet hair:)
When Clara was little bitty, we would always tease and say she would be riding a four wheeler through the mud wearing a tutu. We figured she would be a girly girl but want to do everything just like Reece.  Well, we were exactly right.  Clara found this hat and has to wear it-just like Reece.  Wearing the John Deere hat along with her "princess" shirt:)

4 comments:

Laura Beth said...

Such a little doll! :)

I LOVE your room...do all of the K rooms have tables not little desks? I didn't remember that from my K year..ha!

Kim said...

Thank you! Yes, all tables in kindergarten. I think they start using desks in first grade:)

Grandma said...

Nice classroom! I hope you have a good year! Love the pictures of Clara! She is something!

Emily said...

Great room! I'd love to feature you on my new teacher blog! Email me if you're interested.

emilyjocarter@gmail.com

And Clara is SUCH a doll!