Monday, January 18, 2010

Picking My Battles

Reece is not a morning person. Most mornings it is very difficult to get him up, dressed and out the door in a good mood and on time. He is fine once he gets going, but it's just getting him to get going that can be difficult. Well this morning, he woke up earlier than usual. He watched TV for a little bit, then, when I was getting ready, he went and picked out his own clothes and was so proud that he was dressed and ready to go! I was so proud of him too, but I had to smile when I saw his mismatched outfit. Green wind pants, a blue long sleeved t-shirt, a black leather jacket, and a camo hat turned backwards. I wasn't about to change a thing about his outfit-if there is one thing I've learned about being a momma-it's "pick your battles!" He was ready to go and in a good mood! I'll take whatever outfit he puts on! I LOVE this boy!

And just because....here are 2 pictures I took of Clara during the bitter cold snow days we had last week. She kept crawling to the door and standing up and looking out the window. I think she had forgotten what it was like to go outdoors. We were in our house for so long and didn't step foot outside! We have some beautiful weather this week, though!



Sweet, sweet girl!

No comments: